Four-Implant Overdenture Conus
• Promotes better chewing & digestion
• Secures prosthetic teeth in place by snapping into implants
• Maintains bone levels and prevents further bone and soft tissue recession, and reduces need
for replacement of traditional dentures as often
• Helps retain facial features, facial muscles, and structure
• Dentures with dental implants are more comfortable and function better
• Four implants – prosthesis is rigid and not supposed to move or compress the tissue
• Most people rarely take these out. Occasionally only to clean.
Concerns / Disadvantages:
• Implants, and the prosthesis, just like teeth can develop problems and need repairing or
replacing – always recommend annual checkups. Conus Over denture typically has fewer
repair issues than other types of over dentures.
• More sophisticated dental needs and likely need to continue seeing a specific specialist
• Overall cost and time needed to complete procedures may be concerns
• Annual Checkup
• No Nylons to wear out!!
• Possible teeth or acrylic breaking – easy and fairly cost effective to fix, may have to go without
teeth for a single day or a few days.