Fixed Hybrid Prosthesis
Cost: $22,500 – $28,000
Phase I – Approximately $15,000 $18,000 — includes long-term provisional, implants,
extractions, etc. Wear for approximately one year.
Phase II – Balance of total – approximately $7,000 – $10,000 – final prosthesis. Includes
reinforced metal framework internally.
• Promotes better chewing & digestion
• Secures prosthetic teeth in place by attaching into implants – doesn’t come out
• Maintains bone levels and prevents further bone and soft tissue recession, and reduces need
for replacement of traditional dentures as often
• Helps retain facial features, facial muscles, and structure
• Function very similarly to natural teeth – May be slightly thicker than natural teeth.
• Four or more dental implants – prosthesis is fixed
Concerns / Disadvantages:
• Implants, and the prosthesis, just like teeth can develop problems and need repairing or
replacing – always recommend annual checkups
• More sophisticated dental needs and likely need to continue seeing a specific specialist
• Overall cost and time needed to complete procedures may be concerns
• Annual Checkup
• Screws, Implant parts wear out, Teeth fracture, acrylic breaking – easy and fairly cost effective
to fix, may have to go without teeth for a single day or a few days. Beneficial to have backup
set. Need replacement of teeth every seven to ten years.